Part 1: Who are the CANDIDATES?
1. What do you already know about the candidates for president?
Your first task is to complete the KWL chart below on what you already know about the the 2 candidates for president, Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump.
2. Before you begin reading about the candidates, think about what kind of president you want.
- What are the leadership qualities we seek in a president?
- What kinds of experiences do we think provide the best preparation to serve as president?
- What values or beliefs do we want the president to have?
- What else should voters know about a candidate to decide if he or she would make a good president?
3. Begin your research of each candidate using the attached file. Make sure you are spending equal amounts of time on each candidate.
Below are helpful websites that can assist you in your reseasrch of each candidate:
The videos below are the candidates nomination acceptance speeches. These may help you understand who they are and what they stand for.